Each type of drying equipment has its own specific application range, and each material can find several drying equipment that can meet the basic requirements, but only one of them is most suitable. If the selection is not appropriate, in addition to the unnecessary one-time high procurement cost, the user has to pay a heavy price throughout the lifetime, such as low efficiency, high energy consumption, high operating cost, poor product quality, and even equipment fundamentals. Can't run normally and so on.
The following are the general principles for the selection of drying equipment. It is difficult to say which one or which items are the most important. The ideal selection must be based on its own conditions, and sometimes compromises are necessary.
1. Applicability ------- Drying equipment must first be applicable to specific materials and meet the basic requirements for drying of materials, including good handling of materials (feed, transport, fluidization, dispersion, transfer) Heat, discharge, etc.), and can meet the basic requirements of processing volume, dewatering amount, product quality and so on.
2. High drying rate---only in terms of drying rate, the material is highly dispersed in hot air during convection drying, the critical moisture content is low, the drying speed is fast, and the same convection drying, the drying method has different critical moisture content, so The drying rate is also different.
3. Low energy consumption ------- Different drying methods have different energy consumption indexes. Generally, the thermal efficiency of conductive drying can reach 100% theoretically, and convection drying can only be about 70%.
4. Saving investment-----Drying equipment that performs the same function, sometimes its cost difference is very different, should choose the lower one.
5. Low operating costs - equipment depreciation, energy consumption, labor costs, maintenance costs, spare parts costs, etc. should be as low as possible.
6. Preference is given to drying equipment with simple structure, sufficient supply of spare parts, high reliability and long service life.
7. Meet environmental protection requirements, good working conditions and high safety.
8. It is best to make a drying experiment of the material before the selection, and to understand the drying equipment (extensions and disadvantages) that have been used in similar materials, which is often helpful for proper selection.
9. Not relying entirely on past experience, focusing on absorbing new technologies and listening to expert opinions.