Application Method Of Rotary Evaporator
Rotary evaporators are mainly used for distilling large amounts of volatile solvents continuously under reduced pressure. They can also be used to separate and purify reaction products, especially for the concentration of extracted liquor and the distillation of receptor liquid during chromatographic separation. The basic principle of the rotary evaporator is reduced pressure distillation, meaning that the distillation flask rotates continuously during solvent distillation under reduced pressure.
The product can assemble a system device with a circulating water-type multipurpose vacuum pump, diaphragm vacuum pump, low temperature circulating (vacuum) pump, recirculation cooler, constant temperature circulator, and low temperature cooling liquid circulating pump.
Application Method of Rotary Evaporator:
1. Open the low temperature cooling liquid circulating pump and press the power source button before pressing the refrigeration button to reduce to the required temperature before circulating.
2. Open the circulating water flow of the water pump.
3. Mount the distillation flask and fix it with the clamp, then open the vacuum pump and start rotation after a certain vacuum exists.
4. Adjust the height and rotation speed of the distillation flask, and set the required water bath temperature.
5. Stop the rotation after distillation, open to the atmosphere, listen to the water pump and finally take down the distillation flask.
6. Stop the low temperature cooling liquid circulating pump, pause the water bath heating, shut down the circulating water of the water pump, pour out the solvent from inside the receiving flask, wash the buffer ball and receive the clean flask.
Rotary Evaporator Precautions:
1. Pump a small vacuum (about 0.03MPa) before utilization, then start rotation to prevent the distillation flask from falling; in case of shutdown, first stop the rotation, then hold the distillation flask by hand, open it to the atmosphere and stop the vacuum pump when the vacuum degree is reduced to 0.04, thereby preventing the falling and suck-back of the distillation flask.
2. Before installation, apply a layer of vacuum grease to each interface, seal surface, seal ring and connector.
3. Add water when powering the heating groove, as dry burning without water is prohibited.
4. If the vacuum degree is too low, inspect the airtight seal of each interface, vacuum pipe and glass bottle.
5. In case of rotating air-sensitive materials, connect a nitrogen ball at the exhaust hole, blow nitrogen to expel the air in the rotary evaporator and connect the sample flask for rotary evaporation. After distillation, expel the nitrogen, shut off the pump and take down the sample flask to seal it up.
6. If the sample possesses high viscosity, slow down the rotation speed; it is advisable to rotate it manually at a slow speed in order to form a new liquid surface, which is beneficial for the evaporation of solvents.
We have focused on top quality lab instruments, pilot apparatus and biochemical instruments field for over 10 years in China.
Our main products include the Short Path Distillation Apparatus, Thin Film Evaporator, Rotary Evaporator, Glass Reactor, Vacuum Filter, Liquid-Liquid Extractors, Heating and Cooling Circulator, Water Bath, Heating Mantle，Lab Vacuum Pump, Lab Drying Oven, Spray Drier and so on.